JRBC Senior Adult Ministry exists to equip seniors with skills to make a difference in their family, church, and community for the Glory of God.
Senior Adults at Jones Road Baptist Church desire to point people to Jesus through practical acts of kindness. We want everyone to know what a difference Jesus can make in someone’s life! We are committed to building life-long relationships with brothers and sisters in Christ by focusing on these areas:
- Fellowship – Our main purpose for fellowship is to walk with Jesus and with others – “If we walk in the light as he Himself is in the light, we have fellowship with one another and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin.” 1 John 1:7 .
- Encouragement – While we all need encouragement, Seniors face many challenges as age creeps up on us -”…not neglecting to gather together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging each other, and all the more as you see the day approaching.”
- Friendship – We are all about building relationships – “A friend loves at all times and a brother is born for a difficult time.” Proverbs 17:17 .
- Compassion – We want to show others the compassion that we have been shown by God – “Therefore, as God’s chosen ones, holy and dearly loved, put on compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience…” Colossians 3:12 .
- Outreach – We believe our best days are still in front of us and we want to touch lives and make a difference for Christ – “Then he said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation…” Mark 16:15 .
Join us Sundays at 9:00 am for Sunday School followed by Worship. You can also join us for one of our regularly scheduled fellowship opportunities. Don’t worry about fitting in – there are no strangers here, only friends you haven’t met yet!